Friday 16 November 2012

Hospobaby has migrated

In case you have been left out of the loop, Hospobaby now features in Bite magazine every fortnight in the New Zealand Herald. Hence, I have not been blogging here. Here are the past 5 issues. I will update as I can but it will obviously be after the articles are published in the Herald first.
So really if you want your Hospobaby fix you need to get the real thing... the newspaper on Monday fortnightly. Look out for the next one on 26th November...look for From the other side with a cute illustration of Zoya.

Here is the first one

Tempting young taste buds



My culinary education began almost eight years ago when I met my husband, Chef Sid Sahrawat. Since then I have been building my own perspective from the other side of the dining table. Love for food, is a legacy we both hope to pass on to our 16-month-old daughter, Zoya. Ever since our little Hospobaby could eat her first morsel, she has accompanied us on some serious taste escapades.
Not only has she had her first toddler date at our own restaurant Sidart, but she has also darkened the door of many other fine dining establishments. I believe there are two rules of baby dining etiquette, one; ask and you will be surprised, many restaurants, even upmarket ones will allow you to dine with a young one (especially early, on quiet nights) and the second; if your child does throw a tanty just leave for a bit until they calm down.

Last weekend we decided to revisit an old favorite, Molten in Mt. Eden. I called ahead and spoke to owner Sven and confirmed that a toddler would be welcome. On arriving we noticed she wasn’t the only toddler in the room. The bread was scoffed down, but our little ones immature palate rejected the Orongo bay and Tio Point Oysters. However she ate all the shaved Ox tongue from the poached prawn entrée. Salt and pepper squid has always been our quintessential favourite. The pulled pork entrée was of a rather interesting texture. Zoya took to the spatchcock that I ordered for my mains and devoured a leg. She ate gnocchi off Sid’s Pork Cutlet. Evidence of the hot chocolate fondant remained smeared on our little chocoholic’s mouth as we walked into the wet night. Molten remains a place to turn to on Sunday nights when many good restaurants are shut.

No comments:

Post a Comment